Hailee Steinfeld on Oscar Nomination: ‘It’s Something I Dreamed About My Whole Life’
2:06 PM PST 1/25/2011 by Leslie Bruce
She lands an Oscar nomination for her very first movie.
Hailee Steinfeld has a lot to be thankful for.At age 14, she landed her first feature film: Joel and Ethan Coen’s True Grit, opposite Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Josh Brolin. Now for the cherry: the Los Angeles native received a best supporting actress Oscar nom for her turn as Mattie Ross. “It’s something I dreamed about my whole life,” Steinfeld tells THR. “It’s so amazing to finally be here.” Steinfeld, who is home schooled, told USA Today she was in bed asleep “and I woke up to hear my parents screaming in the other room. "They had the TV up really loud. I was in complete shock. I really didn't know what to think. Am I dreaming? It's crazy, it's such a surreal feeling." So, what’s next? “We’re taking a look at some really great scripts, but I want to take it one day at a time,” she tells THR of her career plans. “We’re in no rush.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead