Hailee Steinfeld on Oscar Nomination: ‘It’s Something I Dreamed About My Whole Life’
2:06 PM PST 1/25/2011 by Leslie Bruce
She lands an Oscar nomination for her very first movie.
Hailee Steinfeld has a lot to be thankful for.At age 14, she landed her first feature film: Joel and Ethan Coen’s True Grit, opposite Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Josh Brolin. Now for the cherry: the Los Angeles native received a best supporting actress Oscar nom for her turn as Mattie Ross. “It’s something I dreamed about my whole life,” Steinfeld tells THR. “It’s so amazing to finally be here.” Steinfeld, who is home schooled, told USA Today she was in bed asleep “and I woke up to hear my parents screaming in the other room. "They had the TV up really loud. I was in complete shock. I really didn't know what to think. Am I dreaming? It's crazy, it's such a surreal feeling." So, what’s next? “We’re taking a look at some really great scripts, but I want to take it one day at a time,” she tells THR of her career plans. “We’re in no rush.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR