Haim Saban Donates $1 Million to Democratic Super PACs
The media mogul made the donation to Unity PAC, a fundraising committee raising cash for three pro-Democratic super PACs.
Media mogul Haim Saban has donated $1 million to super PACs supporting President Barack Obama and Democratic congressional candidates, according to a report filed late Friday with the Federal Election Commission.
Saban donated the money on June 25th to Unity PAC, a fundraising committee created to raise cash for Priorities USA, (Senate) Majority PAC, House Majority PAC. Saban's contribution is the largest Hollywood super PAC donation March, when Bill Maher donated $1 million to Priorities USA, the struggling pro-Obama super PAC.
Democratic fundraisers are hopeful that the mogul's contribution will prompt other liberal donors to kick in cash to match the millions being raised by the pro-Republican super PACs.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR