Haley Joel Osment adds 'Sex Ed' to schedule
'The Sixth Sense' actor to star in MPCA comedy
Haley Joel Osment is going back to school.
The actor, who became a child star with "The Sixth Sense" but hasn't appeared in a film since 2007's "Home of the Giants," has signed on to star in "Sex Ed," a comedy from MPCA.
Isaac Feder, who has helmed commercials as well as shorts, is directing the coming-of-age tale the script by Billy Kennedy.
Producing are Brad Jenkel and Brad Krevoy of MPCA, as well as Seth Grossman and Aperture Entertainment's Adam Goldworm.
Osment will play, according to producers, "a college graduate who dreams of teaching high school Algebra but due to budget restraints, ends up teaching sexual education, despite being a virgin. He discovers an unlikely mentor in a blues bar, a ruthless enemy in the local PTA, and a gorgeous Polish girl for whom English is a distant second language."
MPCA just wrapped principal photography on "Deathgames," starring Samuel L. Jackson, Kellan Lutz, and Daniel Dae Kim. The company recently acquired the remake rights for "Departures," a Japanese dramedy which won best foreign film Oscar in 2009.
Osment is repped by Paradigm.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR