Haley Joel Osment Joins 'Wake the Dead,' A Look Back At His Career
The former child actor comes full circle with another death-defying thriller in the "Frankenstein" re-imagining.
Haley Joel Osment's biggest role undoubtedly came in 1999's The Sixth Sense, when he famously uttered the phrase, "I see dead people."
Now 23-years-old, Osment will star in Jay Russell's adaptation of the Mary Shelley classic, Frankenstein. Inspired by Steven Niles' graphic novels, Wake the Dead will see Osment as Victor Franklin, a college student toying with human death and its limits. The film is expected for a 2013 release with
Let's take a look back at five of Osment's most memorable roles since embodying the part of Cole Sear.
1. Pay It Forward: Osment plays a seventh grade do-gooder in the 2000 Mimi Leder film. The film also stars Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt.
2. A.I. Artificial Intelligence: Teaming up with Frances O'Connor and Jude Law, Osment nabbed the starring role in Steven Spielberg's 2001 sci-fi drama. In the film he plays David, a new kind of robot with capabilities of human emotion, including love.
3. Secondhand Lions: The 2003 family dramedy, helmed by Tim McCanlies, found a young Osment taking life lessons from Michael Caine and Robert Duvall. Not a bad gig.
4. In real life, he plays the role of big brother to former Hannah Montana actress, Emily Osment.
5. Before heading to work on the Slasher Films' Frankenstein pic in the fall, Osment will finish up filming Sassy Pants, an indie comedy directed by Coley Sohn.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR