Halle Berry Cancels Academy Awards Appearance
The Oscar-winning actress was set to present at the ceremony alongside Tom Hanks but pulled out at the last minute, citing her broken foot suffered in September.
Oscar darling Halle Berry, who was set to present during Sunday night's Academy Awards, has canceled at the last minute, according to Academy Awards producer Brian Grazer.
Berry injured her foot months ago while filming Cloud Atlas in Spain. According to Warner Bros., the accident occurred in September while "walking in Majorca on a day off from filming." People reported at the time that Berry was chasing after her then-3-year-old daughter, Nahla, who was chasing after a goat across the rocky countryside.
Although the injury occurred nearly six months ago, Berry was photographed just last week wearing a brace boot on her right leg.
The actress, while always glamorous on the red carpet, seems to be a klutz on set. Berry broke her arm while filming Gothika during a "physical scene" on set in Montreal, according to a Warner Bros. spokesman. She was also reportedly injured on the set of Catwoman, with reports saying she was taken to the hospital after being hit by a boom.
Berry recently became engaged to her boyfriend of a year, French actor Olivier Martinez, according to jewelry designer Gurhan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR