Halle Berry's Fiance Confirms Their Engagement
Olivier Martinez has confirmed the news that broke in January that he and Halle Berry are engaged.
“Yes, of course it’s true,” he told the Miami Herald while promoting his new restaurant, Villa Azur, which opened Saturday.
However, Martinez was not happy with how the news broke. A rep for the jeweler Gurhan had originally told People about the engagement, and claimed that the Oscar-winning actress was wearing a Gurhan-designed ring.
“There is a jeweler taking credit for doing the ring and it’s a lie. They have nothing to do with this,” Martinez said.
Martinez says that the emerald engagement ring was actually designed by Robert Mazlo of Paris. Martinez called Mazlo “a real artist,” whose family has been designing jewelry for “kings and queens for many centuries.”
Berry and Martinez began dating after filming the thriller Dark Tide together in 2010.
This would be the third marriage for Berry, who was married to Atlanta Braves outfielder David Justice in the 1990s and singer Eric Benet in the early 2000s. Her last relationship with model Gabriel Aubry produced a daughter, Nahla.
Berry was scheduled to present at the Academy Awards in February, but canceled after injuring her foot while filming Cloud Atlas in Spain in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws