Halle Berry Rushed to Hospital After Set Accident
The actress suffered a minor head injury while working on the thriller "The Hive" in Los Angeles.
Halle Berry was rushed to the hospital on Tuesday after she suffered a minor head injury on set.
The actress was shooting an action scene for the upcoming thriller The Hive in Los Angeles when she was injured, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. She was taken to the hospital and has since been released.
"Halle Berry suffered a minor head injury while shooting a fight sequence on the set of her film,” Berry’s rep said. “She was taken to the hospital as a precaution, but she checked out healthy and was released. She'll continue with production as planned."
According to TMZ, Berry, 45, was injured at 10 p.m. on Tuesday and was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center by ambulance.
The Hive, which also stars Abigail Breslin and is directed Brad Anderson, follows a 9-1-1 operator (Berry) who tries to save a young girl (Breslin) from being attacked by a killer.
This isn’t Berry’s first on-set injury. The Oscar-winning actress injured her foot in September 2011 while filming Cloud Atlas in Spain. According to Warner Bros., the accident occurred while she was "walking in Majorca on a day off from filming." She had to cancel her appearance as a presenter at the 2012 Academy Awards due to the injury.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR