Halle Berry Rejoins 'New Year's Eve'
3:17 PM PST 2/16/2011 by Pamela McClintock
She pulled out of the New Line project because of a custody battle - but has now signed on for another role.
Halle Berry will star in New Line’s ensemble romantic comedy New Year’s Eve after all, just in a different role.Last month, Berry pulled out of the project because of a custody battle over her young daughter. At that time, Katherine Heigl stepped in and replaced Berry. But Berry was freed up this week when a judge in Los Angeles ruled in her favor, making it possible for her to travel with her daughter to New York, where Garry Marshall is shooting New Year’s Eve. Berry's new role in the film--she'll play a nurse--is slightly smaller than the one she gave up due to the custody battle. Berry is repped by CAA.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David