Halle Berry Weds Olivier Martinez in France
The private ceremony was held in a church near a chateau in the Burgundy region.
PARIS (AP) — American actress Halle Berry has married her fiancé, French actor Olivier Martinez, at a weekend ceremony in a church near a chateau in France's Burgundy region.
The owner of the Chateau de Vallery, where the couple stayed with their 60 guests, said Sunday that the betrothal a day earlier ended with a dinner and fireworks display.
A wedding cake followed. Chateau spokesman Patrice Vansteenberghe said Berry -- 46 and pregnant -- and her 47-year-old husband "were very beautiful and very happy." He said the bride's long, white dress had a plunging back.
Vansteenberghe added that the event was "confidential" because "she wanted to be left alone."
Berry's publicist, Meredith O'Sullivan Wasson, confirmed the marriage.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For