Hallmark Channel Announces Early 2012 Programming, Moves Film Premieres to Sundays
The cable net will roll out 9 original movies in Q1 and Q2, with debuts migrating from Saturday nights starting in April.
Hallmark Channel delivered its new slate of original programming at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday.
The network, which recently canceled Martha Stewart's daily talk show, announced 9 original films debuting in the Q1 and Q2 of 2012, with premieres moving to a new night. Beginning April 15, Sunday night will host debuts from the Hallmark Channel Original Movie franchise.
“Hallmark channel was built on the TV movie, a business that is thriving and bringing great success to Crown Media Family Networks," said EVP of programming, Michelle Vicary. "In 2012, we will continue to produce more TV movies than any other network."
On tap for the first half of the year are films starring Teri Polo, Joely Fisher, Adrian Pasdar, Brooke Burns, Dean Cain, Candace Cameron Bure and Luke Perry.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR