Hallmark Channel Announces Early 2012 Programming, Moves Film Premieres to Sundays
The cable net will roll out 9 original movies in Q1 and Q2, with debuts migrating from Saturday nights starting in April.
Hallmark Channel delivered its new slate of original programming at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday.
The network, which recently canceled Martha Stewart's daily talk show, announced 9 original films debuting in the Q1 and Q2 of 2012, with premieres moving to a new night. Beginning April 15, Sunday night will host debuts from the Hallmark Channel Original Movie franchise.
“Hallmark channel was built on the TV movie, a business that is thriving and bringing great success to Crown Media Family Networks," said EVP of programming, Michelle Vicary. "In 2012, we will continue to produce more TV movies than any other network."
On tap for the first half of the year are films starring Teri Polo, Joely Fisher, Adrian Pasdar, Brooke Burns, Dean Cain, Candace Cameron Bure and Luke Perry.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10