How Hollywood's Talent Agencies Are Doing Halloween
CAA lets employees' kids wander through Oz's Emerald City or "Addams Family"-themed rooms while ICM Partners organizes candy-hops for veterans and UTA plans a costume contest and parade.
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 8 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Who has more experience with monsters, devils and other ghastly apparitions than Hollywood’s biggest agencies?
On Oct. 30, CAA and WME are inviting their employees’ kids to trick-or-treat in radically transformed office environments. CAA selects a different Halloween theme each year, completely making over each of its eight floors into settings like The Wizard of Oz’s Emerald City or The Addams Family’s spooky mansion. The agency also shows holiday classics like It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown in its screening room and donates leftover goodies to overseas troops.
ICM Partners — in addition to a decorating contest that awards employees cash prizes — is partnering with Got Your 6, a campaign that unites the entertainment industry with military vet organizations, to host families of local L.A. vets for an afternoon of candy-hopping. The next day — on Halloween itself — its Manhattan office will open its doors to kids from the Bronx-based arts education nonprofit DreamYard.
And this year, UTA is getting into the spirit with its first Halloween Eve Haunt, inviting the families of employees to its Beverly Hills headquarters Oct. 30 for a costume parade across its sprawling courtyard, as well as games, arts and crafts and, of course, "devilish treats."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!