'Hamlet' Actor Slashed With Sword on Stage
The audience thought it was part of the show when star Conor Madden collapsed.
An actor was injured when he was slashed by a sword during a stage production of Hamlet in Ireland Monday.
The audience thought Conor Madden, who was playing the title character, was still acting when he collapsed on stage with a gash beneath his eye, the Associated Press reports.
Artistic director Alan Stanford announced on stage that the blood and moans were real, and the production was being stopped.
Madden was taken to the hospital and released.
He'll miss Tuesday's two performances at Cork's Everyman Theatre. He may return Wednesday, the AP reports.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR