Hammer Films nabs spec script 'Wake'
Project is from Chris Borrelli; helmer Kasper Barfoed attached
Exclusive Media Group's Hammer Films has picked up "Wake," a spec script by Chris Borrelli, with Kasper Barfoed attached to direct.
Producers include Circle of Confusion's David Alpert and Stephen Emery, Chris Cowles and Chris Fenton of H2F and Marc Butan.
The project has franchise aspirations and has been a described as a "Transporter"-style story.
Repped by UTA and Industry, Barfoed is a Danish filmmaker best known for 2008's "Kandidaten" (The Candidate), which is getting remade as a Sam Worthington vehicle. Barfoed recently signed on to direct "The Numbers Station," a thriller to star Ethan Hawke.
Borrelli is a "Black List" writer who first popped up with the supernatural thriller spec "Whisper," produced by Universal/Gold Circle in 2007. He wrote the sequel to "The Marine" for Fox/WWE in 2008, and last summer his spec "The Vatican Tapes" sold in a bidding war to Lionsgate and Lakeshore. He is repped by UTA and H2F.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR