'Hangover 2' Monkey Addicted to Cigarettes, Director Says
"Now I have PETA after me," says Todd Phillips.
Director Todd Phillips has come under fire by animal rights groups for getting the monkey that stars in Hangover 2 addicted to cigarettes.
"I wanted the monkey to smoke so we had to train her to," Phillips tells Total Film magazine (via HuffingtonPost). "Now I have PETA after me because the monkey's become addicted to cigarettes. She was just shooting Cameron Crowe's movie We Bought a Zoo. And the monkey won't stop smoking..."
The monkey plays a significant role in the movie. A trailer featuring the primate simulating a sex act was pulled from theaters by the Motion Pictures Association of America earlier this month. (It was re-edited before making a second debut ahead of Scream 4 Friday.)
“In our haste to meet the placement schedule for this trailer, we failed to properly vet the final version with the MPAA. We acted immediately to correct the mistake and removed the trailer from screens,” Warner Bros. said in a statement then.
Watch the trailer, above.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR