Summer Release Dates Set for 'Hangover 3,' '300' Sequel
Warner Bros.' high-profile summer 2013 slate also includes "Pacific Rim," now set for July 12.
Warner Bros.' summer 2013 calendar is taking shape.
The studio said Thursday that it will open The Hangover Part III on May 24, the beginning of the lucrative Memorial Day weekend. Todd Phillips is returning to direct Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms in the threequel.
The first two Hangover films, released in 2009 and 2011, combined for more than $1 billion in global boxoffice.
Warners also announced it is moving tentpole Pacific Rim from May 10 to July 12. Idris Elba and Ron Perlman star in the sci-fi action film from director Guillermo del Toro. The movie reteams the director with Perlman, who starred in del Toro's Hellboy films.
In a third scheduling move, Warners said its 300 sequel will bow Aug. 2. Zack Snyder's 2007 original, based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae, grossed $456 million worldwide.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical