Summer Release Dates Set for 'Hangover 3,' '300' Sequel
Warner Bros.' high-profile summer 2013 slate also includes "Pacific Rim," now set for July 12.
Warner Bros.' summer 2013 calendar is taking shape.
The studio said Thursday that it will open The Hangover Part III on May 24, the beginning of the lucrative Memorial Day weekend. Todd Phillips is returning to direct Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms in the threequel.
The first two Hangover films, released in 2009 and 2011, combined for more than $1 billion in global boxoffice.
Warners also announced it is moving tentpole Pacific Rim from May 10 to July 12. Idris Elba and Ron Perlman star in the sci-fi action film from director Guillermo del Toro. The movie reteams the director with Perlman, who starred in del Toro's Hellboy films.
In a third scheduling move, Warners said its 300 sequel will bow Aug. 2. Zack Snyder's 2007 original, based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae, grossed $456 million worldwide.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'