'Hangover II' Heads to FX
The News Corp.-owned cable network nabs rights to the R-rated blockbuster.
The Hangover Part II is making its way to the small screen.
Male-skewing FX announced Tuesday that it has bought the premiere rights to the R-rated sequel.
The news comes after the Todd Phillips film grossed $135.2 million in its five-day domestic debut, the best showing of the year in North America.
The News Corp.-owned network has a history of scooping up marquee titles, including recent purchases Disney's Tron: Legacy, Sony's The Green Hornet and Paramount's animated Rango.
The latter three will begin rolling out in early to mid-2013. Hangover II is set to air sometime in late 2013, early 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR