'Hangover II' Races Past $200 Million Worldwide
The raunchy sequel has grossed $205.1 million through Monday, faster than any comedy in history
Final numbers from the worldwide box office show The Hangover II jumping the $200 million mark on Monday, the fastest of any comedy in history.
From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, the R-rated sequel grossed $135 million in its five-day domestic debut and $70.1 million overseas for a total $205.1 million through Monday.
“Cheers to Todd Phillips and the ‘Wolfpack,’ who are back in a big way and who made The Hangover II an experience no one will forget,” Warners president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said.
Warners president of international distribution Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, who announced the final tally with Fellman, said the movie exceeded expectations on a “global level.”
In North America, Hangover broke the three-day, four-day and five-day opening records for a comedy, regardless of the rating.
Additionally, the sequel shattered the Memorial Day weekend record and the Friday-to-Monday holiday record for an R-rated film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR