'Hanna' Edges Out 'Arthur' for No. 2 Box Office Spot
11:27 AM PDT 4/11/2011 by Gregg Kilday
Focus Features’ thriller over-performed Sunday, bringing its opening weekend domestically to $12.4 million.
Focus Features’ thriller Hanna has moved into the second spot in the weekend boxoffice rankings, edging ahead of the Warners’ comedy Arthur.Preliminary numbers issued Sunday had Arthur, starring Russell Brand as a self-indulgent millionaire, in second place for the weekend with an estimated $12.6 million, and Hanna, starring Saoirse Ronan as a teen assassin, close behind in third place with an estimated $12.3 million. But when the final numbers were in, the two films switched places. Hanna over-performed on Sunday, picking up $3.2 million for the day, to bring its opening weekend domestic tally to $12.4 million. Arthur ended the weekend with a final opening weekend take of $12.2 million. Universal’s animated-live action hybrid remained atop the weekend chart with an estimated $21.7 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)