Hanson Slams Kings of Leon Over Stage Walkout; Treatment of Fans
In a revealing new interview, the band-of-brothers' eldest member says he has “hard time with musicians who act like pricks” and eventually “their fans will get bummed out.”
He may be a member of the group that brought the lighthearted song "Mmm Bop" to the world, but, when it comes to making music, Isaac Hanson takes his profession very seriously.
“I have a hard time with musicians who act like p**cks," the eldest Hanson member said in an interview with WENN, before singling out fellow musicians Kings of Leon (who are also a group comprised of family members).
"The Kings of Leon guys are running some risks," Hanson said of the group who canceled the rest of their summer tour after lead singer Caleb Followill walked off stage during a Dallas performance. "They’re irritating people; you can’t do that too much. Eventually the bad boy image affects fans’ willingness to show up. Their fans will get bummed out."
Hanson went on to address the rumors of turmoil within the group, saying, “Everybody has their demons, everyone has their challengesŠ I’m a bit of a hothead in certain circumstances, but you gotta temper it because your fans are there and they’ve paid good money to see a show, and you gotta bring it. I don’t wash my dirty laundry in public, I do my dirty laundry backstageŠ I have flipped the bird at a few people that deserved it and told them to go f’ themselves.”
Kings of Leon have yet to respond to Hanson's statements.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR