Hargitay can't escape the Law & Order
NEW YORK -- Like the rest of us, Mariska Hargitay can't seem to get away from the "Law & Order" series either.
While in Hawaii, the actress from "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" turned on a television and the show was on.
"I was like, 'Argh, I can't get away from it.' I turned it off and ran outside and of course people were like, 'Oh my God you're on TV right now!" the television detective told Newsweek magazine for editions on newsstands Monday.
Being a celebrity sometimes has its perks, especially when the Emmy winner gets stopped by a police officer.
"The cops in New York and L.A. have been, how shall I say, very patient. I've gotten a couple of warnings but they've been very gracious. There's definitely a bond, a rapport, with law enforcement," she said.
"Special Victims Unit," in its ninth season, is part of NBC's long-running trio of "Law & Order" series. The original "Law & Order" is in its 17th season, while "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is in its sixth year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!