Harland Williams On Board Ting & Juma: The Movie
The Canadian comic is to help develop a feature treatment of Rainmaker Entertainment's mascots after the animated duo starred in a series of shorts.
TORONTO – Rainmaker Entertainment is partnering with comic Harland Williams on a feature film based on the Canadian CG animation maker’s mascots, Ting & Juma.
Ting & Juma: The Movie follows Vancouver-based Rainmaker producing a series of animated shorts that feature energetic alien Ting and caveman-ish Juma, including one unveiled at 2010 Winter Olympics that had the duo creating a new snow sport.
Rainmaker president and executive producer Catherine Winder has now brought on board Williams to help develop the animated feature.
“Harland naturally brings such an innovative comedic and quirky sensibility to the process which is perfectly fitting with the direction we are taking our slate of films at Rainmaker.” Winder said.
Williams will also appear in Disney’s upcoming live action feature Spooky Buddies.
The veteran comic is represented in the Rainmaker deal by Bricken Entertainment and McKuin, Frankel, & Whitehead LLP.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama