'Harold & Kumar' Writers Attached to Direct 'Cherries' for Good Universe
China's DMG Entertainment also would produce raunchy comedy spec written by Jim and Brian Kehoe.
Good Universe is in negotiations to pick up Cherries, a comedy spec written by Jim and Brian Kehoe.
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, the scribes behind the Harold & Kumar comedies and who also directed American Reunion, are attached to direct and produce.
DMG Entertainment, a Chinese media company that was involved in making Looper and Iron Man 3, also would produce.
The raunchy spec revolves around three fathers who unite to stop their daughters from fulfilling a pact to lose their virginity on prom night.
Cherries would reunite a lot of the key behind-the-camera talent from Harold & Kumar. Good Universe toppers Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane were executive producer and producer, respectively, on the stoner movies (Greg Shapiro also was a producer) that Hurwitz and Schlossberg wrote. The latter duo also directed the second installment, Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay.
The Kehoes also wrote the comedy spec You Complete Us, which is set up at Endgame Entertainment with Offspring attached to produce. They are repped by DMG.
Hurwitz and Schlossberg are repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR