'Harriet the Spy' casts Jennifer Stone
TV movie shooting in Ontario for Disney Channel, 9 Story
TORONTO -- Jennifer Stone has been tapped for the lead role in the live-action TV movie "Harriet the Spy" for co-producers Disney Channel and 9 Story Entertainment.
Stone ("Wizards of Waverly Place") will play the high school student Harriet Welsch in a TV project based on the classic kids book series by Louise Fitzhugh, and to shoot in Hamilton, Ontario, to Dec. 4.
The telefilm, directed by Ron Oliver, will debut in 2010 on Disney Channels worldwide and on the CBC and YTV in Canada.
Heather Conkie and Alexandra Clarke penned the script for "Harriet the Spy," which sees young Harriet determined to be her high school's class blogger as she clashes with her nemesis, popular student Marion Hawthorne.
Executive producer credits are shared by Vince Commisso, Steve Jarosz, Natalie Osborne, Nancy Steingard and Wendy Moss-Klein.
Jonathan Hackett is producing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR