Harrison Ford Sells Gerard Colcord-Designed House After 30 Years
The "Indiana Jones" star's Brentwood residence went for $8.195 million.
Harrison Ford’s Gerard Colcord-designed house in Brentwood, which he owned for nearly 30 years, sold recently for $8.195 million, according to The Los Angeles Times.
Ford purchased the house in 1983 for $1 million and added an addition in 1984. Noted architect Colcord started the addition, but died before completing and his assistant Liza Kent took over. “It’s a beautiful country style colonial with spectacular views,” says Bret Parsons, author of the book Colcord:Home, which features a number of Colcord’s houses in Los Angeles including Ford’s. “It is a beautifully, beautifully maintained home in a very pretty location with spectacular views.”
Originally built in 1951, the house is 7,164 square feet with seven bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a poolside one-bedroom guesthouse, two detached guest/staff suites, a library, a wine cellar and four fireplaces.
In the introduction to his book, Parsons relates a story involving Kent and Ford during the construction of his addition. Kent said to the actor “there is no limit for better.”
“Most people will say it has a beautiful living room and all that,” Parsons says. “But this one is particularly interesting because when I interviewed Harrison that was very moving for him and he said to me point blank that became my motto for life.”
Between 1920 and the 1980s, Colcord designed historical revival houses that had American and British roots. With a very simple, rustic and wholesome feel, Colcord’s designs can be found in Brentwood, Westwood and Bel-Air. Aside from Ford’s houses, numerous other Colcord designed homes have been owned by Hollywood figures, such as Jerry and Connie Wald and Dean Martin.
The house was listed in April for $8.295 million. The transaction was handled by David Offer of Prudential California Realty in Brentwood.
According to realestalker, Ford recently bought another house with his wife Calista Flockhart for $12.65 million in Mandeville Canyon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera