'Harry Potter' Author J.K. Rowling Launches Mysterious Website
Pottermore.com has a logo and the words "coming soon," followed by her signature.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling on Wednesday launched a mysterious website dubbed Pottermore.
Pottermore.com currently features simply a logo along with the message "coming soon" and Rowling's signature.
The launch came after a "Secret Street View" challenge in which 10 Harry Potter-themed websites were given coordinates -- each of which pertained to a different letter in "Pottermore," according to Digital Spy. The letters were then pieced together to reveal the website's URL.
An editor at the Potter site HPANA.com claims to have seen a sneak preview of the site, calling it "breathtaking in scope, detail and sheer beauty."
Meanwhile, a Twitter account also has been set up at twitter.com/pottermore.
The site's appearance comes just weeks before the July 15 release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, the final installment in Warner Bros.' film franchise.
Watch a trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR