'Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 1' Is Highest Grossing 'Potter' in International Markets
The film has earned $657.24 million passing "Philosopher's Stone" at $657 million.
Warner Bros. Pictures’ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 has become the highest grossing installment in the Harry Potter franchise in international markets.
The film has earned $657.24 million and counting passing the previous record-holder, 2001’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, which grossed $657 million, the company announced Wednesday.
"It’s tremendously gratifying to reach this benchmark as we enter the final stretch of this remarkable journey," said Jeff Robinov, President of Warner Bros. Pictures Group.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 opens in November.
With the success of its first six of seven titles, the Harry Potter series had already achieved the distinction of being the top-grossing film franchise of all time, with a combined worldwide gross of $6.37 billion.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR