'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Tops Amazon U.K.'s 15th Anniversary List of Best Sellers
But the second film in the movie adaptation of J.K. Rowling's wizard book is beaten by "Mamma Mia" in the DVD fast-sellers' chart.
LONDON -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows remains the fastest-selling product of all-time on Amazon's U.K. retail site. But the second installment of the movie adaptation was pushed into the second spot on the fastest-selling DVD chart by Mamma Mia.
Amazon produced a slew of data Oct. 14, as its U.K. site turned 15 years old, that paints a picture of the U.K.'s cultural consumption since launch.
X Factor U.K. contestants One Direction can lay claim to the fastest-selling album of all-time based on pre-orders for Midnight Memories, while Adele is the site's best-selling artist, with Lady Gaga and Rihanna also in the top five.
Coldplay and The Beatles came in ahead of both the U.S. female stars.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 tops the games chart, but Grand Theft Auto V drives off as the fastest-selling gaming title ever.
Amazon's digital VOD and DVD rental arm, Lovefilm, also noted that Despicable Me is the most-streamed film on the service.
"The past 15 years have seen Amazon.co.uk broaden its range of products each year, but entertainment products have always played an integral role in our business," said Xavier Garambois, vp of EU retail at Amazon. "It's fascinating to look back at our biggest sellers -- it gives a wonderful picture of the icons of entertainment culture [that] have defined the U.K. since 1998."
Focus Features will be pleased with the best-selling book data over the past 15 years.
The three EL James' Fifty Shades installments occupy the top three positions in the best-selling books by title. Despite its speedy record-breaking sales record, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came in at No. 10 on the best-sellers' chart.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least