Box Office Report: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2' Final Weekend Total Hits $481.5 Million
Both domestic and international numbers exceeded Sunday estimates for the final film in the Harry Potter franchise.
The good news continued for Warner Bros. on Monday as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 came in ahead of projections both domestically and overseas.
The movie grossed $312.3 million at the international box office, $5 million more than Sunday’s projections.
In North America, Deathly Hallows Part 2’s actual gross came in at $169.2 million, compared to Sunday’s estimate of $168.6 million.
The final pic in the Harry Potter franchise smashed records around the globe, capped by scoring the best worldwide debut of all time at $481.5 million.
It scored the best opening domestically, and internationally. Among individual countries, Deathly Hallows 2 scored the top 3-day opening of all time in the U.K., earning $37.8 million.
Internationally, approximately 60% of total box office came from 3D, but 3D grosses in the U.S. only represented 43% of the total pie.
Deathly Hallows 2 doesn’t open in China until Aug. 4.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR