Young 'Harry Potter' Star Jailed For Joining Civil Unrest
Jamie Waylett, who played bully Vincent Crabbe in six Potter movies, sent down for violent disorder during last summer's riots in the British capital.
LONDON – Jamie Waylett, the young actor who played bully Vincent Crabbe in six of the Harry Potter movies, has been jailed for two years.
Waylett was found guilty of violent disorder in a London court Tuesday after taking part in rioting and civil unrest that erupted across the British capital in the summer of 2011.
The jury acquitted the actor of another charge of intending to destroy or damage property with a makeshift petrol bomb he was holding.
Reports of the young actor’s court appearance set the web alight after it emerged he was being tried with the prosecution using extensive CCTV footage of him during the trial.
The 22-year-old had already admitted handling a bottle of stolen champagne taken from a shop during the looting.
Waylett has a previous conviction for growing marijuana.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David