Young 'Harry Potter' Star Jailed For Joining Civil Unrest
Jamie Waylett, who played bully Vincent Crabbe in six Potter movies, sent down for violent disorder during last summer's riots in the British capital.
LONDON – Jamie Waylett, the young actor who played bully Vincent Crabbe in six of the Harry Potter movies, has been jailed for two years.
Waylett was found guilty of violent disorder in a London court Tuesday after taking part in rioting and civil unrest that erupted across the British capital in the summer of 2011.
The jury acquitted the actor of another charge of intending to destroy or damage property with a makeshift petrol bomb he was holding.
Reports of the young actor’s court appearance set the web alight after it emerged he was being tried with the prosecution using extensive CCTV footage of him during the trial.
The 22-year-old had already admitted handling a bottle of stolen champagne taken from a shop during the looting.
Waylett has a previous conviction for growing marijuana.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game