'Harry Potter'-Themed Site Pottermore Launching in April
Undisclosed delays pushed J.K. Rowling’s online community back six months.
After months of delays, Harry Potter fans will finally have a new place to share their love of all things Hogwarts.
Pottermore, an online community for fans of the series, will launch in early April, according to a post on the site’s official blog. The site opened up to 1 million beta users last year and had been scheduled to open to all in October. According to the blog, this didn’t happen because of feedback from the beta users. The blog hints users were unsatisfied with the number of features Pottermore offered.
“So we made a big decision: to move Pottermore to an entirely different platform set up,” the blog reads. “This ‘invisible’ change has involved a lot of work behind the scenes but it will enable our users to get the best from Pottermore as it grows and develops.”
There are plans to sell Potter ebooks on Pottermore, though a spokesman for series author J.K. Rowling told the AP Thursday it hadn’t been determined when this would happen. Last month, OverDrive Inc. reached an agreement to distribute Potter ebooks to 18,000 schools and libraries around the world.
The Harry Potter series of books has sold more than 400 million copies in print worldwide. The eight-part films series, which concluded in November, grossed more than $7 billion in theaters.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)