'Harry Potter' Producer David Heyman To Attend Frankfurt Book Fair
The award-winning producer will share secrets of 'Potter's success in a case study for industry attendees.
COLOGNE, Germany - David Heyman, producer on all of the Harry Potter films, will share his wisdom and lessons learned adapting J.K. Rowling's bestsellers for the big screen at this year's Frankfurt Book Fair.
Heyman will give a case study on Oct. 13 as part of Frankfurt's StoryDrive section, which focuses on cross-media projects.
The final entry in the Potter film canon, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the biggest of them all, already passing The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King to become the third highest-grossing film of all time, with a $1.14 billion take at the global box office.
Among the industry veterans joining Heyman in Frankfurt to talk production across multiple platforms will be Peter Friedlaender, producer of HBO's Big Love, the Canadian games designer Louis-Pierre Pharand, creator of hit Far Cry 2, and Paul Brett a director at U.K. film fund Prescience, which helped finance Oscar-winner The King's Speech. The StoryDrive conference runs Oct.12-13 in Frankfurt. The Frankfurt Book Fair, the publishing industry's largest trade fair, runs Oct.12-16.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR