‘Harry Potter' Producer David Heyman to Adapt 'Paddington Bear'
Paul King will direct a CGI/live-action film of the iconic British children's stories bankrolled by France's StudioCanal.
LONDON -- Harry Potter producer David Heyman is sticking to beloved British children's literary characters with plans to bring Paddington Bear to the big screen.
Heyman is partnering with France's StudioCanal to produce Paddington, about the iconic brown bear from Peru who is found at Paddington Station by the Brown family, as a CGI/live-action adaptation.
The film, directed by Paul King, aims to be a modern take on Michael Bond’s books, which have sold more than 35 million copies worldwide and been translated into 40 languages since 1958.
StudioCanal is financing and will distribute the film in U.K., France and Germany and also will handle international sales.
Heyman said, "Paddington Bear is a universally loved character, treasured for his optimism, his sense of fair play and his perfect manners – and of course for his unintentional talent for comic chaos."
Said StudioCanal chairman and CEO Olivier Courson, "Mr. Bond’s Paddington is beloved across generations throughout the world, and David Heyman has had tremendous success adapting great British literary works for cinema."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)