'Harry Potter' tickets outpace 'Transformers'
Advance ticketing for sequel makes up 65% of daily sales
Advance sales of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" are outpacing those of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" or the fifth Potter movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," at a similar point in their sales cycles.
Eight days before its July 15 opening, "Prince" accounted for 65% of daily ticket sales, online ticketer Fandango said Tuesday.
In a related promo, Fandango said a poll of more than 3,000 visitors to its Web site found that 85% of respondents had read all seven Potter books. "Prince" is the sixth Potter pic of a planned eight; Warners is splitting the seventh book into two movies.
" 'The Half-Blood Prince' is turning out to be one of our fastest-selling titles of the year," Fandango COO Rick Butler said.
Fandango began selling "Prince" tickets on June 17. Ticket purchasers get a free music download of the song "Friends and Love" from the film's soundtrack.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR