'Harry Potter's' Daniel Radcliffe Not Involved in J.K. Rowling’s ‘Pottermore’
The actor says reprising his former role would be ‘self defeating.’
While J.K. Rowling’s Pottermore project still remains a mystery until June 23, Daniel Radcliffe has announced that he is not involved.
“I know nothing about that whatsoever,” Radcliffe told the LA Times about Rowling’s secret project. “I’m sure that Jo will be writing a lot more in the coming years. I’m sure she has a lot more in her than we’ve read and a lot more stories to tell.”
Radcliffe made it clear, however, that he has no interest in reviving a Harry Potter role should Rowling continue the saga: “As long as [her future books] don’t involve Harry, I’m quite happy to buy them.”
Rowling’s lawyer, Neil Blair, refused to reveal what the announcement will be next week, saying only: “This is not a new Harry Potter book.”
The final film installment of the Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, will be released in theaters July 15. However, Radcliffe has been busy lately in his own projects, most recently as the star of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying on Broadway. The British actor plays J. Pierrepont Finch at the Hirschfeld Theatre in New York seven-plus times per week.
He has taken additional steps to show audiences that he can find success outside of Potter: Radcliffe was the May cover star of Gotham Magazine to discuss his Broadway career, and he has the lead role in The Woman in Black, a chilling film set to be released early next year.
But for this particular Rowling project, Radcliffe can only speculate: “First of all, I don’t think that she will [write another Potter installment], and second of all, oh, I don’t know, the idea of going back to something after 10 or 20 years?” Radcliffe tells the LA Times. “At that point, I will have worked 20 years to establish a career outside of it, and at that point to go back to it would feel a little self-defeating.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting