Hartford Mayor: 'Dave Chappelle Should Quit Whining'
Pedro Segarra tweeted about the comedian's Connecticut rant.
Dave Chappelle may have had enough of Hartford, but the Connecticut capital's mayor has had enough of him.
Pedro Segarra tweeted Thursday morning that the comedian should lay off his city.
"Dave Chappelle should quit whining, do his job and try some yoga. #HartfordHasIt P.E.S.," he wrote on the mayor's office's Twitter account.
In a follow-up statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter, Segarra said "I wasn't at the show, so I can't comment on it specifically. But his recent remarks were immature and inappropriate. Dave Chappelle should stick to his job, give the fans what they paid for and not disparage the good people of Hartford."
Chappelle walked out on an audience in Hartford last week after being heckled and ranted about it onstage in Chicago, calling the Hartford crowd a bunch of "young, white alcoholics" and saying he wanted to "pull a reverse Kramer" on them.
The comedian also said he hoped a nuclear bomb fell on the city.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR