Hartford Mayor: 'Dave Chappelle Should Quit Whining'
Pedro Segarra tweeted about the comedian's Connecticut rant.
Dave Chappelle may have had enough of Hartford, but the Connecticut capital's mayor has had enough of him.
Pedro Segarra tweeted Thursday morning that the comedian should lay off his city.
"Dave Chappelle should quit whining, do his job and try some yoga. #HartfordHasIt P.E.S.," he wrote on the mayor's office's Twitter account.
In a follow-up statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter, Segarra said "I wasn't at the show, so I can't comment on it specifically. But his recent remarks were immature and inappropriate. Dave Chappelle should stick to his job, give the fans what they paid for and not disparage the good people of Hartford."
Chappelle walked out on an audience in Hartford last week after being heckled and ranted about it onstage in Chicago, calling the Hartford crowd a bunch of "young, white alcoholics" and saying he wanted to "pull a reverse Kramer" on them.
The comedian also said he hoped a nuclear bomb fell on the city.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park