Harvey Weinstein to Travel to Cannes for MIPCOM
The Festival de Cannes veteran is scheduled to deliver a keynote speech at the audiovisual content market in October.
LONDON – Harvey Weinstein is to deliver a keynote speech at this year's MIPCOM in France.
Organizers Reed Midem said the co-chairman of the Weinstein Company (TWC) will give his speech at the event in Cannes Oct. 8.
A familiar face on the French riviera after year's of attending the Festival de Cannes while leading Miramax Films and subsequently The Weinstein company, the movie mogul is attending in the wake of TWC's international television sales division launch.
Output to date includes reality series Project Runway and Mob Wives and comedy drama The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, made in partnership with the BBC for HBO.
The company is currently in pre-production on period epic Marco Polo for U.S. cable network Starz.
Weinstein, who has notched up 75 Academy Awards and more than 300 Oscar nominations for his productions, will announce the company’s slate of TV shows for 2013 in the keynote, organizers said.
Mipcom runs Oct. 8 through 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack