History's 'Hatfields & McCoys' Beats Own Record With 14.3 Million Viewers
UPDATED: After setting new cable highs with Monday's debut, the three-part series tops itself during Wednesday's finale.
History's miniseries Hatfields & McCoys ended its three-night run boasting the top three most-watched entertainment telecasts in ad-supported cable history.
Wednesday night's conclusion brought in 14.3 million viewers, topping the previous broadcasts and becoming the most-watched nonsports event ever on basic cable.
Monday's two-hour premiere pulled in 13.9 million viewers, but the number dipping to 13.1 million on Tuesday. In the demos, Wednesday’s finale pulled in a whopping 6.3 million adults 25-54 and 5.1 million adults 18-49.
Hatfields & McCoys, starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton as patriarchs of America's most famous feuding families, marked a scripted debut for History -- which abandoned the miniseries The Kennedys last year before it eventually aired on ReelzChannel.
The series was produced by Thinkfactory Media and History EPs Nancy Dubuc and Dirk Hoogstra. It gets a speedy DVD and Blu-Ray release July 31.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)