Hawk Koch Resumes Duties as PGA President Alongside Mark Gordon
The producer had stepped away from his role at the guild for a year to serve as head of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Hawk Koch, who completed his term as president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on June 30, has rejoined Mark Gordon as president of the Producers Guild of America. Gordon and Koch were elected PGA presidents in 2010 and re-elected in 2012. Koch took a one-year leave from his PGA post while he worked at the Academy.
“We work together extremely well, and we are proud of the guild’s recent historic achievement in securing the industrywide adoption of the Producers Mark,” Gordon and Koch said in a joint statement Monday. ”In the year that lies ahead, we look forward to building on the momentum of that and other successes, such as the recent Produced by Conference, once again as presidents of this great guild."
The PGA recently announced that all six major studios have signed on to implement the Producers Mark certification, indicated by the letters "p.g.a." following a motion picture's "Produced By" credit. The Producers Mark is the result of a long campaign led by Gordon and Koch to develop and launch a vetting process that clearly certifies who did the majority of the producing work on a film while also establishing an authentic seal of approval.
Other PGA national board officers include vp motion pictures Gary Lucchesi, vp television Hayma "Screech" Washington, recording secretary Gale Anne Hurd (an appointed post) and treasurer Lori McCreary. Vance Van Petten serves as national executive director, and Susan Sprung is the associate national executive director.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed