HBO to develop Katherine Graham biopic
Washington Post publisher oversaw Watergate
HBO Films is developing a biopic about Katharine Graham, the late publisher of the Washington Post who oversaw the paper's Watergate coverage leading to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.
The untitled project, which is in the very early stages of development, is being written by Joan Didion and will follow Graham's ascendancy to the top post at the newspaper.
Should the project go forward, HBO Films is planning to offer Laura Linney the role of Graham, who took over the Post after her husband, Philip, committed suicide in 1963. Graham -- who won a Pulitzer Prize for her memoir, "Personal History," in 1998 -- died in 2001.
Laura Ziskin, Pam Williams and Julie Goldstein are executive producers. Robert Benton is attached to direct.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack