HBO Developing Carl Hiaasen's 'Skinny Dip'
Michael Keaton is on board to executive produce the project.
HBO is diving into business with author Carl Hiaasen.
The premium cable network confirmed Tuesday that it will develop the author's 2004 caper novel, Skinny Dip. Michael Oates Palmer (The West Wing, Rubicon) and Michael Keaton are attached to executive produce the project.
Dip, one of more than a dozen novels written by Hiaasen, is set in South Florida. It centers on Joey Perrone, a woman who takes revenge on her cheating husband after he attempted to murder her.
Earlier Hiaasen works, including Demi Moore's Strip Tease, have been translated to the big screen.
Hiaasen, Keaton and Palmer are all repped by ICM.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty