HBO Developing Project for James Gandolfini
HBO Films has optioned the rights to Robert Egan and Kurt Pitzer’s book “Eating With the Enemy.”
HBO is continuing its long relationship with James Gandolfini.
HBO Films has optioned Robert Egan and Kurt Pitzer's book Eating With the Enemy: How I Waged Peace With North Korea From My BBQ Shack in Hackensack with Gandolfini attached to star, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The development deal will see him portray a Hackensack restaurant owner who forged a relationship with the North Korean Mission in Upper Manhattan who went on to play an important role as a liaison in U.S. and North Korean relations.
The former Sopranos star will executive produce via his Attaboy Productions and Tribeca Productions. Mark Armstrong, Nancy Sanders, Jane Rosenthal, Brandon Brito and Megan Lyvers will also exec produce with Pitzer and Kimberly Levin co-producing.
Gandolfini next appears in HBO Films' Cinema Verite, which premieres April 23.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack