HBO Developing Project for James Gandolfini
HBO Films has optioned the rights to Robert Egan and Kurt Pitzer’s book “Eating With the Enemy.”
HBO is continuing its long relationship with James Gandolfini.
HBO Films has optioned Robert Egan and Kurt Pitzer's book Eating With the Enemy: How I Waged Peace With North Korea From My BBQ Shack in Hackensack with Gandolfini attached to star, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The development deal will see him portray a Hackensack restaurant owner who forged a relationship with the North Korean Mission in Upper Manhattan who went on to play an important role as a liaison in U.S. and North Korean relations.
The former Sopranos star will executive produce via his Attaboy Productions and Tribeca Productions. Mark Armstrong, Nancy Sanders, Jane Rosenthal, Brandon Brito and Megan Lyvers will also exec produce with Pitzer and Kimberly Levin co-producing.
Gandolfini next appears in HBO Films' Cinema Verite, which premieres April 23.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead