HBO, 'Entourage' producers developing series
HBO is developing a female-centric comedy from the makers of "Entourage."
Executive producers Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson of Leverage are near a deal with the premium network for a show about a group of female friends working and finding romance in Los Angeles.
The project has the two power producers teaming with newcomers Leah Rachel and Emily Montague, who developed the concept with Rachel writing.
Although it would be easy to assume the show is a female version of "Entourage," sources said the script is evolving and will not be as Hollywood-centric as the long-running comedy.
HBO has several comedy projects in development including James Gandolfini's American version of the French-Canadian series "Taxi 0-22" and the "Tilda" pilot, about a Hollywood blogger.
Wahlberg, Levinson and Rachel are repped by WME. Wahlberg is managed by Leverage; Rachel is managed by Dan Farah and attorney Greg Slewett.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress