HBO Europe Takes Gillian Anderson Starrer 'The Fall'
The pay-TV group snaps up rights to the BBC2 crime series for multiple territories in central and eastern Europe.
HBO Europe has picked up pay-TV rights to Gillian Anderson starrer The Fall, a crime drama produced by Artists Studio for BBC2 in the U.K., taking the first 5x1 hour season of the show for multiple territories across central and eastern Europe.
HBO inked the deal with German sales outfit ZDF Enterprises and will start airing the series in the first half of 2014. Netflix first carried The Fall in the U.S.
The drama has Anderson as a homicide detective trying to catch serial killer Paul Spector (Jamie Dornan), who preys on young women in and around Belfast. BBC2 has ordered a second season of the series for this year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!