HBO Europe Takes Gillian Anderson Starrer 'The Fall'
The pay-TV group snaps up rights to the BBC2 crime series for multiple territories in central and eastern Europe.
HBO Europe has picked up pay-TV rights to Gillian Anderson starrer The Fall, a crime drama produced by Artists Studio for BBC2 in the U.K., taking the first 5x1 hour season of the show for multiple territories across central and eastern Europe.
HBO inked the deal with German sales outfit ZDF Enterprises and will start airing the series in the first half of 2014. Netflix first carried The Fall in the U.S.
The drama has Anderson as a homicide detective trying to catch serial killer Paul Spector (Jamie Dornan), who preys on young women in and around Belfast. BBC2 has ordered a second season of the series for this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR