HBO and Time Warner Cable Agree to Offer HBO Go to Subscribers
The popular online streaming service, which launched in 2010, is finally heading to TWC customers who also subscribe to the premium cable network.
HBO Go will soon reach a lot more users.
Time Warner Cable announced Friday that it reached a deal to offer the streaming video service to its customers who also subscribe to HBO.
"HBO Go has been a tremendous success with our subscribers," said HBO co-president Eric Kessler. "We're happy that Time Warner Cable customers will be able to enjoy this great product which provides streaming of HBO's programming library."
HBO Go (along with Cinemax counterpart MAX Go) open up the network's library of movies and original programming for free, unlimited streaming online and on multiple devices like the iPhone and iPad applications.
It launched in February 2010, and has since been made available to HBO subscribers who get their cable from carries such as DirecTV, Dish Network, Comcast and Charter Communications.
Until now, Time Warner Cable was the largest pay-TV provider that hadn't signed on to offer the service. It severed ties from HBO parent company Time Warner in 2009.
”We’re very pleased to have completed an agreement that’s good for our customers,” added Susan Weinstein, group vice president, content acquisition for Time Warner Cable. “HBO and Cinemax offer unique and compelling programming for our customers, and soon they’ll be able to access it both anytime and anywhere.”
After a brief beta trial, both HBO Go and MAX Go are expected to officially launch for Time Warner Cable customers within the month.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack