HBO's 'Newsroom', USA's 'Political Animals' Among Critics' Choice Most Exciting New Series Nominees
The television critics group picks upcoming shows based on viewing pilots to honor along with current series at an awards gala held on June 18.
The second annual Critics' Choice Television Awards will not only honor shows that have aired in the past year but also some of those that have yet to be seen yet. Based on viewing pilots, the critics group chooses five shows as “the most exciting new series honorees.”
This year’s nominees, announced Tuesday, are The Following (Fox/Warner Bros.), The Mindy Project (Fox/Universal), Nashville (ABC/Lionsgate), The Newsroom (HBO) and Political Animals (USA/Warner Bros.)
“We were once again blown away by the quality and diversity of our most exciting new series honorees,” said Joey Berlin, president of the Broadcast Television Journalists Association, which puts on the awards.
The Critics' Choice Television Awards take place June 18 in Beverly Hills.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing