HBO renews 'True Blood'
Fourth season to debut next summer
HBO has renewed "True Blood" for a fourth season.
"The new season of 'True Blood' is off to a terrific start, as enthusiasm for this unique show continues to build among both subscribers and critics," said HBO programming prez Michael Lombardo. "We're looking forward to more chills from Alan Ball and his gifted team next year."
"I am beyond thrilled to be able to continue working with this amazing cast and crew," said creator Alan Ball. "This is the most fun I have ever had."
Though ratings for Sunday's episode are not yet available, last week's third season premiere drew 5.1 million viewers -- up 38% from season two's opener.
Season four will debut next summer. HBO has ordered 12 episodes, same as this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack