HBO Shutters Its Casting Department
Senior vp Carrie Frazier and vp Amy Jo Berman depart the premium cable network.
HBO is closing its in-house casting department.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the premium cable network has opted to shutter its casting department, with both senior vp Carrie Frazier and vp Amy Jo Berman exiting the Time Warner-owned company.
The cable network has opted to use outside casting directors on all of its original projects with the in-house unit serving in a secondary capacity most frequently on its miniseries and movie projects.
As the network shifted its focus from development on longform projects and onto original series, the decision was made to shut down the department.
Pending its needs, HBO could revisit their casing needs in the future.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!