HBO, Tandem, Scott Free to Produce 'The Sector'
In the vein of "Blade Runner" and "District 9," Ridley and Tony Scott's first series project for Scott Free will air on Cinemax.
COLOGNE, Germany - HBO has joined forces with Germany's Tandem Communications and Ridley and Tony Scott's Scott Free to produce a new one-hour action crime series called The Sector.
The show will air on HBO's sister premium channel Cinemax in the U.S. The Sector is the brainchild of writing siblings Aaron and Matthew Benay, who co-wrote the script to Brad Bird's upcoming action drama 1906. Simon Mirren, whose credits include Criminal Minds and Without a Trace, is attached as the showrunner for the project. Tandem and Scott Free will produce. Executive producers are Ridley and Tony Scott and David W. Zucker for Scott Free, Rola and Jonas Bauer for Tandem and Anne Thomopoulos for HBO.
The Sector marks the first series project for Tandem and Scott Free. The two companies successfully mixed European financing models with U.S. production methods to deliver the limited series The Pillars of the Earth, which was hit worldwide and garnered three Golden Globe nominations. Tandem and Scott Free are currently in pre-production on the sequel to Pillars, World Without End, with Michael Caton-Jones (Rob Roy) attached to direct.
The two firms are also in development on a four-hour event miniseries based on Kate Mosse's best-selling medieval thriller Labyrinth.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR