HBO U.K. Inks Deal With Digital Operator blinkbox for 'Veep'
British consumers will be offered the first season of the show created by Armando Iannucci on the electronic sell-through service.
LONDON – Veep, the U.S. political comedy satire starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, is to be offered to U.K. audiences to own and watch through blinkbox, the digital movie and tv sell-through service.
HBO Home Entertainment U.K. has inked an exclusive deal with blinkbox making the British service the only place in the U.K. for consumers to buy and own all eight episodes of the show.
Louis-Dreyfus (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) stars as vice president Selina Meyer and follows the senator and her staff as they attempt to make their mark without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define Washington.
The show was created by Armando Iannucci, the British writer whose resume also boasts The Thick of It.
The actress won an Emmy for her turn in the outstanding lead actress in a comedy series category.
blinkboxofferings can be viewed on PC, Mac, Smart devices (TV, Blu-Ray players, Set Top boxes), iPad, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR