HBO U.K. Inks Deal With Digital Operator blinkbox for 'Veep'
British consumers will be offered the first season of the show created by Armando Iannucci on the electronic sell-through service.
LONDON – Veep, the U.S. political comedy satire starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, is to be offered to U.K. audiences to own and watch through blinkbox, the digital movie and tv sell-through service.
HBO Home Entertainment U.K. has inked an exclusive deal with blinkbox making the British service the only place in the U.K. for consumers to buy and own all eight episodes of the show.
Louis-Dreyfus (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) stars as vice president Selina Meyer and follows the senator and her staff as they attempt to make their mark without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define Washington.
The show was created by Armando Iannucci, the British writer whose resume also boasts The Thick of It.
The actress won an Emmy for her turn in the outstanding lead actress in a comedy series category.
blinkboxofferings can be viewed on PC, Mac, Smart devices (TV, Blu-Ray players, Set Top boxes), iPad, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR